Sleeping disorder is which prevents a person from getting peaceful sleep and the repercussions of this sleepiness in the daytime.
There are about 80 different type of sleep disorder and the major are:-
- Sleep apnoea
- Restless legs syndrome
What is insomnia??
Insomnia is a persistent difficulty with sleep initiation and period of sleeping
A person who’s suffering from insomnia could not sleep easily at night even if that person feels asleep, that person would not be having continues to sleep all night and have some broken sleep. as a result, the person feels lethargic and sleepy in the daytime.
There are many causes which are medically proven and makes person I’ll, which are:-
- A respiratory disorder such as:-
- Heart disease:-
- MI(myocardial infarction)
- Usage of drugs and alcohol
- Insomnia from a psychiatric disorder
Obsessive-compulsive disorder (couldn’t sleep because of recitative thoughts)
- A social problem like financial loss
- Death of beloved ones
- Daytime napes
- Lack of physical activity
Sleep apnoea is a form when people feeling uncommon breathing problems like starting and stop breathing repeatedly.
There are three types of apnoea
- Obstructive sleep apnoea:
It is a most common type of sleep apnoea and its main cause is obstruction of the upper airway and also occurs when the throat muscles relax.
- Central sleep apnoea:
When our breath repeatedly stops and starts it’s due to Inactivity of our brain sending signals to muscles which control breathing.
- Complex sleep apnoea:
Complex sleep apnoea syndrome or it is the mixture of Obstructive sleep apnoea and central sleep apnoea. There are more than 5 repeatedly central apnoea or obstruction sleep apnoea in an hour
– Airway Obstruction
– Narrow airways due to the thickness of the neck
– Tonsillitis (which enlarge tonsils and blocks the airway)
More common in male
Usage of alcohol
High blood pressure
RESTLESS LEGS SYNDROME:-
When people could not resist the movement of legs and cannot stop the urge of moving legs and other parts of the body which makes people sleep less.
- Chronic disease
- Parkinson’s disease
- Usage of antidepressants
- Usage of antipsychotics
- Pregnancy (last trimester)
Excessive sleepiness, sleep paralysis, hallucinations and having no control on muscles these characterize narcolepsy as a sleep disorder.
- Hormonal changes occurred during puberty and menopause
- Changes in sleeping pattern
- Genetic faults
- Chromosome effects
- Head injury
- Brain tumors
SYMPTOMS OF SLEEPING DISORDER:-
Difficulty at sleeping
Feeling sleepy and tired in the daytime
Waking up during the night
Sensation after rest like seating in a car, airplane, theatre.
Medical test performed by certified medical practitioners like:-
- Blood test
- Questionnaire fillings
- Consultancy with psychiatrist
- Overnight sleep study
- Monitoring behavior of Lungs, heart, brain waves and signals
Sleeping disorder mostly treated by drugs which are prescribed by the psychiatrist which are:-
- Carbidopa, bromocriptine, rotigotine which can cure restless legs syndrome.
- Clonazepam, diazepam, estazolam and alprazolam drugs are useful in insomnia.
- Modafinil and Ritalin are used to cure the sleeping disorder
– Taking less stress
– Control on consuming alcohol and caffeine
– avoiding heavy meal and fluid after the evening
– Good amount of physical activity
– Going to bed and waking up at the same time each day
– sleeping in a peaceful environment